From my recent posts you most likely get the point that I love to travel, but you probably didn’t realize that I am also an avid horse woman. I grew up with my dad owning race horses and also owned a horse of my own named Fabio. Unlike other teenage girls who spent their weekends out with friends and dating boys, I spent my weekends at the race track or competing in horse shows. So of course being an avid horse woman and lover of travel I am sure that it comes as no surprise to you that one place I have on my bucket list is the Kentucky Derby. Here are my main reasons why:
1. The Horses!!!!!! These horses are some of the most athletic horses in the world and run about 35-40 mph. I love the athleticism and heart of racehorses and to see the best of the best would be an amazing experience!
2. The Fashion- Sometimes I think the Derby is more of a fashion show than a horse race, but I also secretly love that! I love getting all dolled up and pretty, and the Derby is the best place for that! Women from all around the world come here to showcase their dresses and of course their hats!!!!
3. Try the infamous Mint Julep- The Mint Julep is the official drink of the Kentucky Derby and I truly thought it was a minty fruit cocktail until I googled it one day. It is actually a bourbon based cocktail with just a hint of fresh mint. Now that I know what it is I will probably think it is the most nastiest thing to hit my mouth, but I also have to try it and instagram a pic of it 🙂
4. The parties- The infield becomes one big party! You will find anything from concerts, college drinking games, to families laying out on blankets having a picnic. Any age group will be found having an amazing time.
5. The celebrities- This is one sporting event that is also a star studded affair. One celebrity that I absolutely love is Tom Brady (New England Patriots Quarterback). He has been to the Derby multiple times. Other celebrities include Ashton Kutcher, Miranda Lambert, Nick Lachey, and of course Tony Danza who attended this year (the horse Danza was named after him). One celebrity I haven’t seen on the list is Leonardo DiCaprio, but hopefully he attends the year I also attend (hehehe).